Pecos County Historical Commission
Outline of Pecos County, Texas
   
 

Historic Old Jail

101 West Gallgher Street
Fort Stockton, Texas

The old Pecos County Jail is one of the oldest and most imposing structures in West Texas. Built in 1883 and enlarged in 1913, it sits on the southside of the courthouse square in Fort Stockton. It houses a museum of local sherriffs and law enforcement, the orginal 1883 holding cell, and mid-20th century cell blocks. Prisoners were held on the 2nd floor of the jail, while the ground floor housed various sheriffs, deputies, and jailers through the years until 2000, when the last sheriff retired and moved out.

Sibley House